Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout

White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) Rating: 3/5

Armentrout’s WHITE HOT KISS is an addicting book. I flew through just over half of it in a couple of hours. However, this book did not wow me like I expected it to. After hearing so much about her Lux series (and after reading Obsidian), I honestly expected this book to be pretty close to a knock-out. But it wasn’t. While the details and plot in WHK were different from its counter-parts in Obsidian, WHK still gave me a feeling of similarity to Obsidian. The voice of Layla felt really similar to the MC in Obsidian and she seemed to always have love on her mind. Plus some of the decisions she made were so incredibly DUMB! YOU DO NOT FOLLOW A DEMON – NO MATTER WHAT ITS RANK – INTO A DARK, SECLUDED ALLY. NEVER! EEVVVEERRRR!! And then there was the whole part where she didn’t tell anyone about Roth and a couple of other things that also made me shake my head.

Also, this may sound odd, but the cover and spine of this book just look so disappointing. The cover is just horribly disgusting – you’d think Harlequin Teen could do better than that (unless they were going for a Harlequin romance kind of feel) – in a way I will never be able to explain. The spine is just so BORING. The back of the book is merely acceptable in my books. I think it would be better without the tag line down the left half of it. REMOVE IT!

But, this book still has it’s redeeming qualities. Even though I found nothing special about it and definitely was never moved by it, it was still entertaining. Armentrout’s style is quick, easy & HOLY COW ADDICTING. Overall, I liked this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment