Pages

Friday 7 March 2014

The Originals by Cat Patrick

The Originals RATING: 5/5 

To put it as simply as possible, Patrick’s THE ORIGINALS is about three triplets who find out that they’re actually clones of one another. They’re mom is worried that she’ll be discovered for unethical research and decides to hide them away as one person: Elizabeth Beth. For the next ten years of their lives, Lizzie, Beth, and Ella live as one person and take each day in shifts… This all goes quite well until two of the girls have their first crushes. From here the story takes off, one of self-discovery and exploration.

Let me start saying that I LOVE Patrick’s novels. The love in them feel so earnest and real and it’s written in such a way that I can’t help but fall in love with this book. Lizzie is the MC for the entire book (which I think was a fantastic idea instead of splitting it up between the three… That would have been confusing) and I just love her and adore her to pieces… She kind of reminds me of me, a little bit. Her relationship with Sean is beautiful and screams of first-love and adorable and I just loved it so much (mostly because it reminds me of me and my boyfriend c:)!


The plot of this book is so unique and it is carried out and executed so well. The pacing was beautiful and always kept me glued to the pages, it was never dull or boring and I never once rolled my eyes at any of the characters.

What I love so much about Patrick’s novels is the genre, oddly enough. They focus on a contemporary, coming-of-age feel but you always get this unique si-fi twist thrown into it and I just can’t help but love her ideas. They’re all so unique and original and I just think she deserves a huge pat on the back and extreme notice for this.

Needless to say, I really need to get on to reading the rest of her books (Forgotten and Just Like Fate).

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Cat Patrick but this book sounds beyond interesting. I think I will have to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that! She is definitely one of my favourite authors. :)

      Delete