Pages

Sunday 9 March 2014

Road to High Saffron by Jasper Fforde

Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron (Shades of Grey #1)
           RATING: 3.5/5

Shades of Grey is a very humorous and sometimes confusing book. When I first started reading this book I was immediately confused since a lot of the books objects and pop culture references are mostly left to you to put two and two together to figure out what they are. Luckily, I was in the right mood to read this book and its smart writing style had my brain cranking a lot more than usual and I quite enjoyed that.

Because of the way this book is written, you’re going to need to put a good amount of time off to the side to read and fully enjoy this book. Unfortunately for me, I read a majority of it on my lunch break at work and I think that it really pulled away from the books full story.

However, during the last 150 pages everything really starts to pull together and I started to really enjoy it a lot more than I was and I quickly dedicated a whole night to finishing up this book.

A solid book for me and I’m actually super excited to get my hands on the next book (which I think will be much more exciting now that I know what to expect from the writing style).

No comments:

Post a Comment