Pages

Friday 28 March 2014

Book Buying Habits


So, I've been watching BookTube for a long, long time now (online book community on YouTube), and I always see the book vloggers come out with these cool, fun looking tags! So I've decided to tag myself and post it to my blog. :) (The video originated from Megan Olivier!)


Without further ado, let's get started!

1.Where do you buy your books from? 
A number of places, but the places that I'm consistently buying books from are Chapters/Indigo's/Coles and the Book Outlet. 

Chapters/Indigo's/Coles because they're all so close to home and the hardcovers are 30% off online! Then there's Book Outlet because they're books are even cheaper than that! I think the most I've paid for a book off of there website is $7.99 for a hardcover!
http://blog.virtuallogistics.ca/Portals/36315/images/chapters.jpg
http://bookoutlet.com/Assets/Img/Template/book_outlet_logo.png








 
2.Do you ever pre orders book and if so do you do this in store or online?
I do! Quite often, actually. Especially when I'm really excited for a book! I will always order it online. This way, I don't have to worry about picking it up or anything since it will be delivered straight to my door-step!

3.On average, how many books do you buy a month?
Eesh, definitely way more than I should. I've actually started to keep track of how much money and how many books I'm buying a month in an excel sheet. I'm averaging about 11 books a month so far this year... Poop. :(

4.Do you use your local library?
No... And it's not really anything I plan on starting to use anytime soon. I love my books. I love buying them, I love reading them, I love smelling them, and I love owning them. Those things would be a little weird and gross to do if I got them from the library. Not to mention illegal...

5.If so, how many books can you/do you borrow at a time?
Not applicable to me!

6.What is your opinion on library books? 
Oh, I'm kind of repeating myself here, but they're just not my thing. I love owning my books and being able to see all the ones I've read over the years and keep the ones that I've loved and even see the ones go that I hated. I wish to have my own library someday. :D

7.How do you feel about charity shop/second hand books?
I have bought a couple of them! But for the most part I don't go looking for them. I find a lot of them smell old and dusty and that smell really doesn't sit well with me. Actually, I've had to stop reading a book before due to that very reason. 

8.Do you keep your read and TBR pile together/on the same book shelf or not? 
I do! I have a little double-stacked book case that comes up to my chest with three shelves in it. I also have a shelf that's nailed to my wall that holds some of the books I've yet to read.... And that's just at my dad's house, haha.

9.Do you plan to read all of the books that you own? 
Of course I do! That's always my intention when I buy new books. Never have I ever bought a book for the sole purpose of having it sit on my shelves. Now, getting around to actually reading it? That's another story... (see what I did there)

10.What do you do with books that you own that you feel you will never read/felt you did not enjoy?
I get rid of them! I find going through my books is just like going through my wardrobe. Some books I grow out of and some books I don't like anymore or some book I didn't like once I tried them on. These are the books that I will say goodbye to. This usually happens every couple of months and I'll get a pile of about 10 every time. :)

11.Have you ever donated books?
I have! This is exactly what I do with the books I no longer want. Usually a donation company will call my house sometime soon after I've gone through my shelves, or them calling is what will prompt me to go through my shelves, and I'm just glad to be rid of them so easily. 

12.Have you ever been on a book buying ban? 
I have. But it never works. Whenever I get off of it I go book crazy and end up buying way more books than I would have if I'd never put myself on the ban in the first place.

13.Do you feel that you buy too many books?
No. I mean, I do buy an accessive amount and probably more than I need to. But, I do I consider it too much? Not at all. The way I see it is I'm spending my hard earned money on the things that I love. And do I ever love books!
If any of you guys do this tag for yourself, link it for me down below! I would love to see them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment