Pages

Tuesday 11 March 2014

A Temptaion of Angels by Michelle Zink

A Temptation of Angels RATING: 3/5

I’m sad to use the first few words of this review to say that A Temptation of Angels was a bit of a let-down for me. I am quite a fan of Zink’s Prophecy of the Sisters series (at least the first two that I read), and I was very excited to read her fourth novel for that reason.

Although, one would never be able to guess that this was Zink’s fourth book from the way it was written. The writing style was extremely simple, there wasn’t much explanation to why the Keepers existed and the plot was mediocre at best.

During the beginning of the novel I kept rolling my eyes at Helen and her foolishness. Her trust in the brothers came all too quickly and easily, and even though she claimed her words never failed her she was often contradicting herself when she couldn't help but stumble over them.

At the beginning of the book her attraction to Griffin was a little creepy, more so because I pictured her as a 13 or 14 year old girl and him as a 20-something year old man. Ew. *shivers*

Also, the romance of this novel became highly annoying towards the end. Just after declaring she only loved one of the boys as a “friend,” when earlier she declared that she loved the other, not too far from then she found herself “desiring” the first one. THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS. YA romance, WHY U MAKE NO SENSE?!?!

However, the letter that she received from her father was very cute and heart-warming and I really liked it. I also really liked how much of an influence the parents had on Helen throughout the entire novel. So while this book was a bit of a disappointment for me, I still liked it enough to give it a 3/5 rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment