Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (6)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where you show case an up-coming book that you just can't wait to get your hands on! So, without further ado... 

Palace of Stone
           by Shannon Hale


"Coming down from the mountain to a new life in the city seems a thrill beyond imagining. When Miri and her friends from Mount Eskel set off to help the future princess Britta prepare for her royal wedding, she is happy about her chance to attend school in the capital city. There, Miri befriends students who seem so sophisticated and exciting . . . until she learns that they have some frightening plans. They think that Miri will help them, that she "should "help them. Soon Miri finds herself torn between loyalty to the princess and her new friends' ideas, between an old love and a new crush, and between her small mountain home and the bustling city. Picking up where "Princess Academy "left off, this incredible stand-alone story celebrates the joys of friendship, the delight of romance, and the fate of a beloved fairy tale kingdom."
I read Hale's first novel in this series (Or companion thing?), Princess Academy when I was in grade school. And let me tell you. I enjoyed it. A lot. So you can't blame me for being super excited for this!! I'm definitely going to have to crack open Princess Academy again before I even think about picking this one up! But... Why did they have to change the covers?!?! TT_TT I hate it when they do that. It's like the publishers are punishing me for being so excited to buy a book  right off the bat and not waiting to see if there will be a cover change! D:

Hopefully the spines will match! :D

So what are you guys waiting on this Wednesday? :)

5 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting... and I think I've actually seen it on NetGalley recently. :) Hope you'll like it once you get to read it!

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the new cover too! But there are so many different covers of Princess Academy anyway so it's bond to be a little different. i LOVED PA so i really can't wait for this one either :)


    My WOW

    And check out my giveaway HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different people already told me that I have to read her books, because I will love them. So I'm planning to get started soon :D Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this around a lot lately so I will have to check it out. New follower on GFC!!

    my WOW and international giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will! Thanks! I've followed you back! :D

      Delete