Pages

Sunday 24 June 2012

Liebster Award

I was tagged in the Liebster Blog Award by two lovely people: Breath of Books & Readers Confession.

The Rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Tag 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers (or you could just read the questions and comment!)
- Make up 11 questions for them to answer.

11 Facts About Me:
1) I have written a full-length novel before only to go back and realize that I'd written so badly that I didn't even considering editing it, lmao.
2) I just finished my first year at college and I absolutely LOVED it!
3) I love to draw anime (Mostly because it's the only thing I can draw).
4) I'm a sucker for discounted books... Or really, discounted anything.
5) I work in a bowling alley!
6) I don't really like shopping for clothes. 
7) I love music!
8) In high school I played the trumpet for my school concert band. :)
9) I'm going to school in September for Urban Planning (So stoked!).
10) I'm starting to run out of room for my books... oh no!
11) A lot of my favorite movies a book-to-movie adaptations. :)


Questions from Breath of Books


1. What is your favorite thing about book blogging?
Seeing people stop by and watching as the number of page views goes up! I love seeing that people are actually taking time out of their day to come and see my blog. It's so exciting! As well as when people comment! Comments make me really happy (Just ask my sister). :)

2. What book are your currently reading?I'm currently reading So Close to You  by Rachel Carter!

3. What are five books you want to read this summer?(a) A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
(b) The White Queen by Philippa Gregory 
(c) Where She Went by Gayle Forman
(d) Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder
(e) Fly by Night by Frances Hardinge
(These are just some of the books from my Summer Reading Challenge 2012 if you want to check it out!)

4. How long have you been blogging?I've been blogging since the 23rd of May!

5. Do you participate in any memes? If so, which ones?
I participate in Stacking the Shelves every Saturday hosted by Tynga's Reviews as well as Waiting on Wednesday every.. Well, Wednesday which is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

6. Who is your favorite author?
John Green! 

7. Do you prefer series or stand-alone books?
Well, this answer's a bit complicated... I prefer stand-alones, but the kind of books that I'm interested in aren't hardly EVER stand-alones. So I guess I don't really have a preference?

8. Do you have a Goodreads account?
Yes I do! It is riiiiiiiiight -> here!

9. Have you gotten any ARCs since you've started blogging?
Yes I have! But it wasn't really given to me.. I won it in a giveaway off of Goodreads. -insert huge smiley face-

10. What upcoming book are you looking forward to the most?
TIGER LILY! I love Peter Pan! Only -counts- 9 days left!

11. Do you like to write to as well, or do you only like to read?
I do like to write! Although, I've only finished one book and it wasn't that great.... I tend to get stuck on my books half-way through.... Maybe it would help if I did more in-depth plot development!


Questions from Readers Confession

When did you start blogging?
May 23rd, 2012!

What made you decide to blog?
I had been watching booktubers on YouTube and I couldn't get them out of my head! So I tried to join the ranks of them! But then I realized that I'm extremely awkward on tape and that I don't have the greatest recording equipment... Maybe that's something I should invest my money into next?

What are your goals for blogging?
To be the best blogger in the whole WORLD!  .. Lol, I'm just joking. That would be awkward. I don't really know. I guess just to have my opinion matter to people? That would be awesome. Just having someone picking up a book because I loved it. Although, I'd hate to stop people from picking up books...

What is best thing that's happened to you since you starting blogging?
My followers! I love watching the number climb up and up! It makes me so happy that people like my blog enough to want to keep updated on it!

What is your all-time favorite book?
Looking for Alaska by John Green. It's just so EPIC. It has every single little emotion packed into such a tiny book. It's amazing.

What is the one book/series that you would suggest to me?
Uhhh. My all-time favorite book? Duh, lol. But if you've read that one already (cause I know a lot of people have), then may I suggest The Selection by Kiera Cass? I've heard that all of the drama surrounding it is kind of putting people off of that book. But trust me, it's AWESOME! Just read my review!

Where do you receive your ARC's or do you only purchase your own?
I get them sent in the mail! I own a kobo, but I don't like it that much, so I don't really use it... Although I'd probably be more likely to get an ARC on that then in the mail.

Who is your all-time favorite author?
John Greeeeeen!

Where is your favorite place to read?
Anywhere that I can open up a book!

What is the greatest blogging advice that you have received so far?
Hmmm. Probably the helpful HTML codes that Liz over at Midnight Bloom Reads helped me find! Thanks again Liz!

To lighten it up, Magic Mike comes out Friday (yahh)...who would you cast in your movie? :-)
I think the cast is perfect just the way it is, haha! I'm going to go see it with my Nana and it is going to be freaking hilarious. I'm so excited!

Bloggers I Tagged:
Uhmm... Instead of tagging bloggers, I think I'm just going to go ahead and let anyone answer the questions! If you're reading this post, please don't be afraid to comment!

Questions From Me!
1. When did you start blogging?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. Who are some of your favorite bloggers?
4. What's your top 5 favorite stand-alone books?
5. What's your top 5 favorite series?
6. Who are you top 5 favorite authors?
7. Do you like book-to-movie adaptations? Or do you just think they should stop before someone gets hurt?
8. Have you ever checked out the BookTubing community?
9. What's your top 5 favorite book-to-movie adaptations?
10. Have you ever set up a list of songs for a book? Or just thought that one song goes really well with a certain book? If so, share!
11. Have you ever written a book? Or half of a book... Or even just a page? If so, what's it about?! :)

Again, as you guys can see I didn't really tag anybody... But! If you'd held out this long, please don't be afraid to answer the questions in the comments below! Or even just a few of them if you'd like! That'd be really awesome. :) 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment