Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2012

The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter
     by Julie Kagawa

3/5 Clear Eyes

First, a summary from Goodreads:
"Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart."

Okay. So, at the beginning of this novel, I have to admit that Meghan was really getting on my nerves... I mean, really, Meghan? Really? Ash TOLD YOU he was going to be stealy towards you at the end of the first book. So why was it SUCH A SURPRISE that that's the way he acted? -.- Anyways.

Just as in the first book, the action scenes that Kagawa writes are AWESOME! Truely amazing, heart-pounding scenes that I can picture perfectly in my head as characters battle it out among each other. :)

While reading the book for a second time, I did find out that Kagawa really likes the use of coiling muscles and pounding hearts... :P Not that it's a bad thing, but it's something that she uses quite often.

I really liked the addition of Leanansidhe. Quite often I found her reminding me of the story of Alice in Wonderland with her mannerisms among other things.

Meghan, however, still has quite a bit of growing up to do... Even with the problem she had I couldn't get over how useless she was than not. And when things seemed to be important to her and like they needed to be done STRAIGHT AWAY, she would take her time to have small conversations... Also! I couldn't believe that she was nervous to go back to school, considering everything she went through and the fact that she wasn't bothered by the old cheerleaders in the end of the first book.

With all that said, I did like the book and although rather annoying at first it did start to pick up during part three of the book. Needless to say, I hope Meghan grows up a lot more in the next one and that Julie Kagawa has an amazing writing style. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment