Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2012

A Brilliant Finale

The Iron Queen
       by Julie Kagawa

5/5 Starry Eyes

First, a quick summary from Goodreads:
"My name is Meghan Chase. 
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. 
This time, there will be no turning back."
Before you go saying that there's another book in the series - yes, I am aware that there is. But technically, the Iron Knight is in addition to her Iron Fey Trilogy, which means it wasn't meant to be there in the first place! Hence the feeling of a conclusion in the ending of this book. :)

Now, I can successfully report that Meghan DEFINITELY did her share of growing up in this book. So proud of you, Meghan! :') I am very proud and very, VERY happy with her character development throughout Kagawa's books. Meghan bloomed from a small, meek, weak - and rather pathetic - character, and developed into someone that people draw strength from, as apposed to her needing to draw strength from others.

As you all know, Grimalkin is my absolute FAVORITE character in this entire series... And I literally let out a fan-girl squeal when I read the last line in this epic book. Is it possible to fan-girl over a cat? Is that a normal thing to do? Through EVERY book in this series, I would always be anxiously awaiting the arrival of Grimalkin, and my heart would always pick up in pace with the excitement of having him back in the story. There is nothing better than the Cait Sith. Why? Because he's a cat... Duh.

I would also like to mention that I never got tired of reading Kagawa's series straight through from beginning to end. Not once did I ever think "God, I could really go for something non-fey right now." In fact, after finishing this amazing book, I am currently staring at my copy of The Iron Knight and nearly dying with excitement to read it. This is by far the best book in the Iron Fey series and I am so glad that I took the the time to re-read this series. :)
me to re-read this lovely piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment